Minor urban overhaul 6 1.35.x
This mod significantly increases traffic in large urban areas; these areas are defined as the San Diego Corridor - Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Reno, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque, Portland and Seattle; Traffic elsewhere is kept to a standard level, which I consider to be quite realistic.
(For compatibility with traffic generation mods, just open the mod with the file archiver (7-Zip, WinRAR, ...) and delete the “def” folder)
It includes many changes that the author made when trying to portray some places more precisely, these changes are described in detail below:
• I-5 widened to 2x4 from San Diego north of Los Angeles (originally a mixture of 2x2 and 2x3)
• I-5 narrowed to 2x2 from Sacramento to Redding (originally 2x3)
• US 101 expanded to 2x4 in the Bay area and near Los Angeles (originally 2x2 and 2x3 respectively)
• I-580 (California) widened to 2x4 from intersection I-5 to Richmond (originally 2x2)
• I-80 expanded to 2x4 from Richmond to SR37 (originally 2x2)
• Some very minor changes to signage, mostly getting rid of “Carlsbad”, published everywhere.
• Areas near Los Angeles, SF Bay and Sacramento are more “urbanized”
The updated map includes Bakersfield’s “urbanization” along Route 99 (no changes in lanes, as this will require a complete restructuring of interchanges, perhaps much later) and changes elsewhere.
You must have all the extensions DLC.
The mod must be compatible with other mods of cards, if you put them in a higher priority, although the author has never checked.
There are two files in the archive:
1. minor_urban_overhaul v4.scs
2. Urban overhaul patch US Expansion.scs - patch compatibility with US Expansion v2.6
Preview and Manifest: losevo58