Real US Google Nav v1.0
Real Google Maps voice for navigation on American Truck Simulator.
A direct replacement for the unrealistic default gps voices.
Hands down, the best US navigation voice mod you can get. After trying a similar mod, i hated the fact it wasn't geared towards US players. So i created this one myself.
I started with an empty folder and built everything from scratch using a program i wrote that converts GTTS (google text to speech) into .ogg files.
I then took those files through audacity in post and increased tempo by 10.0. Structured according to the ATS modding wiki.
This mod has been made for United States players only at this time. - US google maps voice, feet and miles instead of meters and kilometers, etc.
- Uses phrases like "In a quarter mile..", "In 100 feet...", "In 200 feet" instead of "meters". Just like the real US google maps navigation.
- New and different phrases compared to other voice mods, adding even more realism on the road.
- Added start navigation phrase "Beginning route navigation", where no phrase was declared with other mods.
- Added phrase "Recalculating..."
- Changed default speed signal indicator to a new hq triple beep sound. To enable, go to options > audio > speed warning > choose "sound" from dropdown.
- Added speed warning indicator phrase "Speed limit exceeded". To enable this instead, go to options > audio > speed warning > choose "voice" from dropdown.
- Drag the downloaded "RealGoogleVoice_Mod_US.scs" file into your "mod" folder.
- Default location of "mod" folder is: Documents > American Truck Simulator > mod
- Once the file has been placed there, then exit.
- Start up American Truck Simulator and go to your mod manager.
- Initiate the new file and bring priority towards the top. If you are running any google maps
navigation UI mods to go along with it, have the mod go directly under that.
-- MOST IMPORTANTLY! --
- Configure the mod in your settings. Options > Audio > Voice Navigation.
- Make sure "Enable voice navigation" is checked.
- Under that, choose the voice "English- Google Maps US" from the drop down.
- And that's it! You're good to go. I hope you enjoy this mod, it's my first one! I may add other accents, languages, and more optimizations depending on how everyone likes it so leave a comment or review!
Thanks and see you on the road!