Sound Fixes Pack v17.0 for ATS
Pack provides improvements to common sounds in the game, making them feel more immersive and real for American truck simulator.
The goal of the mod is to make the game’s sounds feel like real life!
Requires higher priority than map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.) and AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)!
CHANGE LOG v17.0
— Sound changes —
Added artificial tunnel reverberation sound for some tunnels.
Only applies to large tunnels with rotors in them in Scandinavia DLC tunnels and standard default tunnels. [ETS2 edition]
Added restaurant ambience and some grilling/sizzling ambience to McDonald’s and Burger King.
Applies to all map mods with McDonald’s and/or Burger King delivery points, including:
* Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme [ATS edition]
* MHAPro map ATS [ATS edition]
* MHAPro map EU [ETS2 edition]
* ProMods [ETS2 edition]
Full compatibility with version 4.8 and above for Early and Late Autumn Weather mod by Grimes.
New load order image has been included for this combination.
(Autumn mod should have higher priority than the Sound Fixes Pack). [ETS2 edition]
Lowered all bird volumes. Now inaudible in the cabin interior when driving.
Finetuned suspension sounds. Some sounds replaced.
Finetuned interior gravel sounds.
Some gear grinding sounds replaced. Some reduced to lower volume.
JL Truck motorbike AI sound definitions up to date. [ETS2 edition]
New 400hp engine sound added to array for default Scania trucks in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
— Open truck window optional addon —
All external bird environment sounds lowered almost completely. This is to prevent hearing many bird sounds when driving with the window open.
Sounds that are applied to movers (e.g. eagles, trains, hot air balloons, etc.) will still be at normal volume. (ETS)
— Low air warning sound optional addons —
Lowered Volvo low air warning sound volume.
CHANGE LOG v16.2.1, v16.2.2
Removed EMD train sound definition (sound is now exclusive to American Truck Simulator). [ETS2 edition]
Compatibility for American truck traffic pack by Jazzycat v1.3.2 and Russian traffic pack by Jazzycat v1.6.2.
Please update to these versions if you haven’t done so already to avoid game crashes. [ETS2 edition]
## 1. Tire / Tyre sounds
* Real interior + exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab depending on how fast you are accelerating and what speed you are in, giving a feel for your sense of speed…
* Heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
## 2. Suspension sounds
* Light and medium impacts to suspension can trigger cabin squeaking and movement sounds of the cabin…
* Hard impacts can trigger key swinging sounds.
## 3. Gameplay / UI sounds
* “Late music” replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume of this sound depends on Music volume in the in-game Audio settings)…
* “Bing bong” chime for train and ferry loading screen sounds…
* Reduced volume of garage door sound, adviser message sound and yawning sound…
* New quiet photo camera sound effect for screenshots.
## Fuel / Gas station sounds
* Retro/historic ding sound for while the fuel is pumping (circa 1960s to 1970s). The number of dings can help give you an idea on how much you refueled…
* Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click and key insertion sound effects for after refueling to a full tank.
## Interior sounds
* Real stick/switch/button sounds for: parking brake, hazard light, wiper stick, light switch and blinker / indicator / turn signal…
* Retarder sound changed to real retarder sound…
* Real rumblestrip sound
* Lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive on to the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations). [ETS2 edition]
* Lift axle sound now includes button press sound effect…
* Pattering of rain on windshield audible in the cabin during heavy rain…
* At high speeds, wind will sound slightly faster…
* Mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have damaged the transmission and/or gearbox.
## Trailer sounds
* Real sound effects for trailer coupling + uncoupling…
* Included air brake hose deattachment sound when uncoupling.
## AI Traffic sounds
* More refined generic AI traffic car sounds. Less buzz noise and more tire sounds and quiet engine sounds…
* AI traffic vehicles given new horn sounds. Depending on the patience of the driver, a short or long honk may be used…
* AI traffic trucks/buses given more variations of sounds (turbo, engines, gear changes).
* Motorcycles from Jazzycat’s AI Traffic Pack + JLTruck’s AI Traffic Pack given proper motorcycle engine sounds…
* Motorcycles will rev engine instead of using a car horn when blocked…
* Dedicated engine sounds for special vehicles in various AI Traffic mods…
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane.
## Mover sounds
* Louder volume and reworked audio for a vast amount of moving objects including biplanes, trains (included train horns), etc…
* Enabled sound for a vast amount of movers that don’t originally come with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighter, tugboats, hot air balloons, you name it!).
## Location based ambience
* Prefab (i.e. company and delivery point) soundscape enhanced for American Truck Simulator (includes both daytime and nighttime ambience)…
* Iceland coastal ambience for ProMods (wind, waves, very distant seagulls)…
* Tunnel sounds for some large tunnels. [ETS2 edition]
* Suitable volumes of environmental ambience for various map mods.
* ETS2 1.25.2 + ATS 1.4.2. No errors in game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Compatible with all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.7 (provides realistic thunder + exterior rain sounds). Both mods can be enabled at the same time. Check the load order image included for more details.
* If using winter mods, please enable Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from Options folder of Sound Fixes Pack for full compatibility.
SET TIRE AND WIND VOLUME
Wind or tire noise too loud? No problem. You can configure its volume using these developer commands. Syntax is as follows:
s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
SCS Software, Drive Safely, antonvezdehod, Ludmilla, Katixa/Irreo, Balamut, AlexeyP, nIGhT-SoN