B73FLY's EDXP-EU v1.6.2 [1.27.x]
Enhanced Driving Experience v1.6.2 for Ets2 1.27.x
*EDXP is the acronym for "Enhanced Driving Experience".
This is a little mod package that I originally made for myself in order to make the driving experience
AND the in-game experience a little more "realistic". It contains several modifications to definitions and sounds.
It has remained private for several versions of ETS2...until now.
Here is an outline of what has changed:
- All AI cars, trucks, and buses have realistic engine torque and top speed.
- For every car, engine torque has been carefully researched. Each car will accelerate differently.
- Top speed for every car varies according to their tire specifications based on research from the Tire Rack website.
- Top speed for every truck is 90 km/h. They have been at their correct setting ever since, but I included them anyway to be sure.
- Trucks pulling some oversized loads will travel at 70 km/h.
- Top speed for the TEMSA Opalin is 100 km/h. This bus also has been at the correct setting.
- In traffic, there are more variety of trailers (empty and loaded).
- Traffic signals have longer and realistic timings, but not to a point where you have to wait for more than 2-3 minutes to cross a major intersection...unless you're in the left lane full of cars trying to turn left.
- Green light interval is 20 seconds.
- Amber (yellow) light interval is 3 seconds.
- 5-second delay interval between signals.
- Every signal is disabled from 23:00 to 05:00.
- Car, truck, and train sounds are emitted based on brand and engine specifications.
- Example: If you see an AI Scania with a V8 badge, you'll hear the actual V8 sound as it drives past.
- Buses utilize a specific diesel sound.
- Tire noises have been added to all AI vehicles.
- Horn sounds for both cars and trucks have changed...even though 95% of the time the
AI doesn't sound the horn, unless you intentionally stop your truck in the middle of the road.
- Bad Spring/Summer/Fall Weather
- Rainfall is slightly louder, noticeable during heavy precipitation.
- Feel Thor's power through your speakers with better thunder sounds!
- Bad Winter Weather
- When it is snowing, all you can hear is the sound of air (wind).
- Sounds have been added to various movers such as flags, hot air balloons, and commercial airliners.
17 MAY 2017 (1.6.2)
- Fixed more CTDs. Any more? I'm ready to kill the last flags standing!
14 MAY 2017 (1.6.1)
- Fixed crash to desktop
- Truck traffic pulling the following cargo on low beds will be limited to 70 km/h
- 10% chance of 70 km/h truck traffic spawning
- Controlled by modifying country definitions
- Countries from base content, map DLCs, and ProMods+RusMap are supported
- Other countries will have spawn probabilities set to default (100%). Totally unrealistic, but you can make them realistic with some coding experience!
17 APR 2017 (1.6.0)
- Compatibility update for version 1.27
- Upgraded Citroen 2CV engine to a 602cc specification.
- Added some missing sounds to movers
- Tweaked traffic signal timings
- Added a new profile for Sweden
- Features a 1.5-second red-amber time before green
- Changed profile for Norway
- Utilizes the same profile as Germany (1-second red-amber time before green)
- Delay interval between other signals increased by 1 second (now 5-second delay), ALL SIGNALS.
- When driving on a priority road, signal should display green light coming out of sleep mode (originally red, which usually causes more red light penalties), ALL SIGNALS.
- Flashing amber light speed increased, ALL SIGNALS.
This mod must be installed at a higher priority over other sound or AI mods.