B73FLY's EDXP-EU v1.8.0 [1.31.x]
Enhanced Driving Experience v1.8.0 for Ets2 1.31.x game version
*EDXP is the acronym for "Enhanced Driving Experience".
This is a little mod package that I originally made for myself in order to make the driving experience
AND the in-game experience a little more "realistic". It contains several modifications to definitions and sounds.
It has remained private for several versions of ETS2...until now.
Here is an outline of what has changed:
- All AI cars, trucks, and buses have realistic engine torque and top speed.
- For every car, engine torque has been carefully researched. Each car will accelerate differently.
- Top speed for every car varies according to their tire specifications based on research from the Tire Rack website.
- Top speed for every truck is 90 km/h. They have been at their correct setting
ever since, but I included them anyway to be sure.
- Trucks pulling some oversized loads will travel at 70 km/h.
- Top speed for the TEMSA Opalin is 100 km/h. This bus also has been at the correct setting.
- In traffic, there are more variety of trailers (empty and loaded).
- Traffic signals have longer and realistic timings, but not to a point where you have
to wait for more than 2-3 minutes to cross a major intersection...unless you're
in the left lane full of cars trying to turn left.
- Green light interval is 20 seconds.
- Amber (yellow) light interval is 3 seconds.
- 5-second delay interval between signals.
- Every signal is disabled from 23:00 to 05:00.
- Car, truck, and train sounds are emitted based on brand and engine specifications.
- Example: If you see an AI Scania with a V8 badge, you'll hear the actual V8 sound as it drives past.
- Buses utilize a specific diesel sound.
- Tire noises have been added to all AI vehicles.
- Horn sounds for both cars and trucks have changed...even though 95% of the time the
AI doesn't sound the horn, unless you intentionally stop your truck in the middle of the road.
- Bad Spring/Summer/Fall Weather
- Rainfall is slightly louder, noticeable during heavy precipitation.
- Feel Thor's power through your speakers with better thunder sounds!
- Bad Winter Weather
- When it is snowing, all you can hear is the sound of air (wind).
- Sounds have been added to various movers such as flags, hot air balloons, and commercial airliners.
6 JUN 2018 (1.8.0)
- Compatibility update for version 1.31
- Re-done "70kph" traffic definitions
- Moved some "overweight" and Schwarzmuller "overweight" trailers + cargo to their
respective DLCs to avoid 70kph bob-tail traffic due to spawn errors
- Added spawn_ratio attribute to all "70kph" traffic
- Removed country definitions to reflect this change. Now there is a 10% chance of spawning in all countries