[Official] Momo’s Physics v6.0.1
This is an official upload of Momo – the mod author.
Please support her by downloading only from the offcial links.
Where she will be paid per download by the host. (No charges to you)
Please do not download from stolen links.
(Momo Physics version 6.x, 5.x, 4.x, 3.x, 2.x are different series. They are not a sequel to each other. Each one has their own unique characteristic. Choose one that suits your taste.)
As we all know that one of ETS2 major pains for us is the steering issues as too oversteering, too sensitive that make your so called truck rock like a little boat.
That is because the vanilla physics (and most other mods as well) have had the geometry calculation of the steering ratio, turning angle and turning radious all terribly wrong when compared to real life trucks.
And SCS knows this well, because of the limitation of 900 degree wheels that most gamers use will never simulate a real life truck’s 1,800 degree wheels. That’s why they give you the “Non Linearity” option to compensate that. But even that, it is still not easy for you to get the correct setting of it, and often leads you to another problem.
No matter what you have done, the steering never feels real in your hands.
Since ETS2 is such an amazing game/simulator that i love, so i would not give up after my previous 5 different physics mods (that are ok). I secretly worked and tested Physics 6 for over a month in hope to bring the most realistic physics mod as far as possible in all aspects. So i even studied some geometry calculation of cars and trucks by myself just to make this mod. And finally i (think I) have beaten the steering issues and am confident enough to share.
Do you know that:
– Real life trucks have a turning radious (or turning circle) of 12.8 meters while vanilla ETS2 trucks have only 8.75 meters ?
– Real life trucks’ steering wheel can turn 4.9 turns lock to lock while your conventional 900 degree wheel can turn only 2.5 turns ?
– ETS2 vanilla trucks have a steering ratio of only 12: 1 (minimum for standard cars) while real life trucks have a lot higher ratio ?
– Those are the causes of ETS2’s steering problem ?
THIS MOD’S HIGHLIGHTED FEATURES
– Turning circle 11.5 meters (real life trucks’ 12.8).
– Realistic steering ratio close to real life cars without using “Non Lineraity” and without causing understeering.
– Smooth and precise steering close to real life cars without sacrificing anything.
– Realistic cabin, seat movement.
– Realistic wheel suspensions (rear suspension is made softer to encourage cabin’s movement)
– Realistic cabin & suspension behavior when braking (the nose heavily pushed towards the ground when you apply max brake with a heavy trailer attached).
– Realistic leaning to left & right when you take a sharp turn.
– This mod does not add much weight to the vanilla, it only adds a ton necessary to encourage the cabin & suspension behavior. So the weight is still close to real life trucks.
In order to experience the full effect, you MUST do exactly this:
* This setting is only for 900 degree wheel users.
* For joypad/keyboard users, you need to try on your own.
– 100 % Steering sensitivity
– 0% – 35% Non linearity
– 0% Trailer Stability
– 100% Camera physics
– Give this mod the top priority.
– Your steering wheel bundle software 50% sensitivity.
– Patch 1.30 compatible and may so for some older.
– All SCS’s trucks including the new Scania S & R
– RJL Scania R
– RTA Renault Range T
– More modded trucks coming in the future