Sound Fixes Pack + Hot Pursuit Sounds v11.3
A mod that replaces stock sounds to be more immersive and realistic. Takes the simulation to a whole new level.
New in version 11.3:
Reduced volume of stick sounds, AI truck sounds, engine warning sound and some asphalt sounds for better balance with stock truck sounds.
New in version 11.0, 11.1, 11.2:
Reduced file size of pack. Now comes with options to disable some sounds in the Options folder.
The following sound features are optional and can be turned off:
* Hot Pursuit Sounds (police sirens when caught speeding)
* Engine management system sounds (when engine requires servicing)
* Driver Alert Support (DAS) system sounds
Mixed in the “pattering” of rain on the windshield for the interior rain sound (audible in heavy rain)
Added compatibility for Realistic Weather Sound by nIGhT-SoN. You can use this mod simultaneously with Realistic Weather Sound for additional enhanced rain/thunder effects (e.g. stronger thunder): http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1792
New variations of AI vehicle sounds (tires, turbo, engines, gear changes), courtesy of Stewen
3. SOUND QUALITY:
Enhanced/corrected sounds for the new safety systems
Added new subtle tire on asphalt sound for exterior view
Minor balances and corrections
Changed some of the lighter suspension sounds, courtesy of Balamut.
Balanced some volumes of the suspension sounds.
Replaced more stock suspension sounds with better ones. You can sometimes hear the squeak from the cabin and trailer.
Mix of stock amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have abused the transmission and gearbox from truck damage.
1. INTERIOR SOUNDS:
* Increased volume for interior stick sounds (e.g. releasing parking brake, blinker stick lever)
* Interior stick/switch sounds for: parking brake, hazard light switch, retarder stick, blinker stick and light switch (taken from real trucks)
* “Late music” replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound. Note: Volume of this sound depends on Music volume in Audio settings in the game.
* Retarder sound changed to real retarder sound
* Driver Alert Support system sound and “engine warning” sound installed on all trucks.
2. TIRES / TYRES:
* Real interior and exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab depending on how fast you’re accelerating and what speed you are in, giving a feel for your sense of speed.
* Heavier gravel sounds when driving on dirt roads
* Wind will sound slightly faster from cabin when you drive at a high speed
* Pattering of rain on windshield audible inside the truck during heavy rain
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane
* AI traffic trucks and buses given better horn sounds
* AI vehicles given more variations of sounds (tires, turbo, engines, gear changes)
* Gas pump and trailer coupling sounds made more realistic
* Sometimes you will hear a key chain swing sound when on bumpy roads or when hitting a small obstacle
* More variation of suspension sounds. In stock SCS you only get suspension for tires, but in this mod you get suspension sounds for cabin, trailers and tires
* Some UI sounds decreased (adviser message sound, ferry loading screen sound, train loading screen sound)
* If caught driving too fast, a police siren will be triggered so you (maybe) have to pull over to stop the noise
6. COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER MODS:
* Compatible with all trucks including mod trucks. Does not replace individual truck sounds.
* Can be used with other truck sound mods simultaneously.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.4. Both mods can be enabled at the same time.
7. GEAR GRINDING:
* Mix of stock amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have abused the transmission and gearbox from truck damage.
(Optional) Features that can be turned off:
* Hot Pursuit Sounds
* Engine warning sound
* Driver Alert Support
Options to mute these sounds can be found in the Options folder when you download the pack.
You must enable the option with higher priority than the Sound Fixes Pack to mute the sound that you don’t want.
Mod should have higher priority than mods with a game_data.sii file.
Otherwise, correct operation of pack not guaranteed.