Super Single Tires and Wide Wheels 1.28-1.30
This mod copies ATS' wide rear wheels and tires (445/50 Super Single Drive Tires) over to ETS2.
In Real Life -
- Super Single tires are available as drive and trailer tires.
- Super Singles are allegedly available in Western Europe (thus this mod).
- Super Singles have pros and cons. Some truckers love them; others avoid them. Compared to dual drive tires, Super Singles get better gas mileage, provide better traction on pavement, have fewer flats when properly maintained, and allow more payload (because a SS + one wheel weighs less than dual tires + dual wheels).
- However, if a SS does go flat, repair is expensive, and many service companies do not stock replacements. Therefore, truckers who run Super Singles typically carry an extra one with them.
- If your tractor has only one drive axle (e.g., 4x2), and a SS goes flat while hauling, you're totally stuck waiting for roadside repair.
Works in 1.28 and 1.30
SCS, Eddie Yantz