Follow Me v2.0.5
Remember to check the support topic for any additional information regarding this mod
- Upgraded to FS15.
- Shows active 'leader' and/or 'follower' on screen, when modifier-key is pressed.
- Added map-icon for vehicle when in Follow mode. Inspired by CoursePlay.
Have you ever wanted to make a transport convoy, or just be able to; cut grass - dry it - rake it - bale it - pick it up, with multiple tractors all in one go?
With the 'Follow Me' mod, a vehicle can be told to follow after another vehicle.
How to use it
Before telling about the controls, here's a list of known problems that may occur when you use it:
- The speed of followers may not always be 100% accurate as it could be, with regards to how fast/slow they should drive when following the "trail".
- Some vehicles may start to zig-zag, in the attempt at following the "trail", due to trying to touch every "trail crumb". This is most obvious when reaching a turn at high speeds, and trying to "get back on track".
- Turning on beaconlights, when having set up a circular convoy - i.e. vehicle-A follows vehicle-B follows vehicle-C follows vehicle-A - will make the beaconlights repeatedly turn on and off.
The action-keys, which can be changed in Options - Controls, are defined in two sets:
Myself - For the vehicle the player is driving:
RIGHT CTRL + F = Start/stop following the vehicle that is in front (if possible).
RIGHT CTRL + A/D = Adjust left/right offset when following, in steps of 0.5.
RIGHT CTRL + W/S = Decrease/increase following distance, in steps of 5.
Press-and-hold RIGHT CTRL + W/S to repeat decrease/increase in steps of 1.
Behind - To control the vehicle that is following behind me (if any):
RIGHT SHIFT + F = Stop the follower.
RIGHT SHIFT + A/D = Adjust the follower's left/right offset, in steps of 0.5.
RIGHT SHIFT + W/S = Decrease/increase the follower's distance to me, in steps of 5.
Press-and-hold RIGHT SHIFT + W/S to repeat decrease/increase in steps of 1.
Note: Each set of action-keys must use the same modifier-key!
Switching it on/off
Do please note that, when loading a new map or savegame, the vehicles have not yet placed enough "trail crumbs" for other vehicles to follow. So do remember to drive the leading vehicle some distance, before setting up the follower vehicle.
To follow some vehicle, point your own vehicle towards it and press the start action (RIGHT CTRL + F).
If no "trail crumbs" can be found, or the vehicle already is followed by another, a warning will appear and you will have to either move a little bit further towards/back, or change to follow another vehicle.
To stop following, press the same action again (RIGHT CTRL + F).
Distance and offset
The follow distance can be set using RIGHT CTRL + W/S, in increments of approximate 5 meters. Positive values are "keep back" distance (up to +250), and negative values are "in front" (up to -50).
Do please note that vehicles that have no traffic-collision-triggerboxes or not configured correctly, will not be able to detect when/if they collide into the leading vehicle or some other vehicle - so you better set the distance further back.
Left/right offset is set using RIGHT CTRL + A/D, in increments of approximate 0.5 meter.
If a follower has a turned on round-baler, it will now automatically unload the bale. Please note; primarily only the vanilla Baler script is supported, so some mod balers may not work as intended.
This mod's script files MAY NOT, SHALL NOT and MUST NOT be embedded in any other mod nor any map-mod! - However it is accepted if this mod is packed into a mod-pack archive, when this mod's original ZIP-file and hash-value is kept intact.
Please do NOT upload this mod to any other hosting site - I can do that myself, when needed!
Keep the original download link!
Problems or bugs?
If you encounter problems or bugs using this mod, please use the support-thread at http://fs-uk.com - Find the mod (and correct version) in the mods section, in category 'Other - Game Scripts'.
- Followers are not able to detect traffic-vehicles, and will therefore collide with them.
- Followers speed is not always 100% accurate.
- Too high speed into a turn, or having a slow steering, will make the follower go zig-zag in an attempt at "getting back on track".
- Follower-vehicles that has no build in traffic-collision-box can (obviously) not detect if they are about to collide with something in front.
Original addSpecialization: Xentro
Some Polish translations by: spinah
Some German translations by: DrUptown
Some Russian translations by: Gonimy_Vetrom