Remember to check the support topic for any additional information regarding this mod
- Possibility of 'multiple thresholds with color' for a notification-type.
- X-position of Glance on screen, now possible to set in config-file.
- Possibility to ignore F1-helpbox visibility, by changing a setting in config-file.
- Notification-type for number of animals in Marhu/TMT's SchweineZucht husbandries.
- Hungarian translations by pokers.
- Upgraded to FS15.
- Added blinking of hired-helper icon when combine is full.
- More notification possibilities for husbandry and placeables (i.e. non vehicles).
- Some support for Marhu/TMT's mods; MischStation and SchweineZucht husbandries.
'Glance' is an attempt at making a more configurable and less screen occupying 'notification-and-status utility', similar to the mods; 'Inspector' and 'LoadStatus'.
The features of 'Glance' are:
- By default only visible when the Helpbox is turned off (default key: F1)
- Using columns, which should be easier to read
- Can be dynamically configured ...
-- ... to show only notifications you care about
-- ... with regards to what font-size and colors you want to use
-- ... how and which columns should be displayed in sequence
- Will show when a hired-worker has finished
- Displays the vehicle's location in the world and when within a map designated field-boundary
- Speed of the vehicle, and if it is being blocked by something (like a tree, fence or car)
- Animal husbandry; low productivity, full pallet, eggs available and more...
- Greenhouse placeables; low fill levels.
How to use it
First you must turn off the Helpbox (default key: F1), to be able to see the Glance notifications.
The first time you ever run Glance, it will create a default configuration-file called Glance_Config.XML in the MODS folder.
Due to the modifiable configuration - which maybe for some seem complex and confusing - there will in the support-topic for this mod, later be given instructions and examples on how/what to modify.
The configuration-file will be (re)loaded every time you leave the in-game menu (a.k.a. ESC-menu, ESC-screen.) So it is possible to pause the game, ALT-TAB out of FS15, then edit Glance_Config.XML, ALT-TAB back into FS15 to continue playing and see if the changes for Glance are acceptable.
Switching it on/off
To see notifications from Glance, you have to switch off the Helpbox (default key: F1), and have set a 'minimum notification level' that has a lower-or-equal value than the notifications you care about.
To hide Glance, either switch on the Helpbox again, or set the 'minimum notification level' to show less (i.e. a value higher than any of the notifications) using the action-key (default: LEFT ALT + L).
If you want to always have Glance visible, disregarding the F1-Helpbox, you need to edit the Glance_Config.XML file, and set the value for 'ignoreHelpboxVisibility' to 'true'. Then also set the 'positionXY' value, so Glance won't overlap the F1-Helpbox.
The action-keys, which can be changed in the Options - Controls screen, are these by which you can in-game instantly set the 'minimum notification level':
LEFT ALT + M = Glance:More Notify - i.e. show more notifications, possibly showing everything.
LEFT ALT + L = Glance:Less Notify - i.e. show less notifications, possibly showing nothing at all.
And just to clarify once again:
F1 = Toggle helpbox off to show Glance (if ignoreHelpboxVisibility="false" in config-file.)
This mod's script files MAY NOT, SHALL NOT and MUST NOT be embedded in any other mod nor any map-mod! - However it is accepted if this mod is packed into a mod-pack archive, when this mod's original ZIP-file and hash-value is kept intact.
Please do NOT upload this mod to any other hosting site - I can do that myself, when needed!
Keep the original download link!
Problems or bugs?
If you encounter problems or bugs using this mod, please use the support-thread at http://fs-uk.com - Find the mod (and correct version) in the mods section, in category 'Other - Game Scripts'.
- Detection of Marhu/TMT's SchweineZucht mod is not 100% accurate, if there are more than one map-mod in the MODS folder which have it embedded.
- Have not been extensively tested in multiplayer.
Hungarian translations by: pokers
Russian translations by: Gonimy_Vetrom
German translations by: SchorschiBW & JakobT
Some Polish translations by: ja_pizgam