Battle Loading Background Screens 8.11
Some people have reported trouble loading into the new maps using version 811v2, so I have removed that while I troubleshoot. The current version listed as a download on Curse is working fine, but doesn't have the latest changes.
Having some trouble uploading the newer files to Curse so while I figure out the issues, you can get the new files here:
- New updates with the backgrounds changed to the WG in game images with map overlays. This eliminated some confusion as to which map is be loaded and corrected some issues with having different sized background. This is without any XVM color scale.Download
- New style, this one is same general look as above, but has the XVM WN8 color scale in the lower middle of the map. Plus maps without 4 overlays get a separate image in the lower left slot.Download
Shows mini maps on each background screen while the battle is loading.
One map is the in-game map (lower right corner) the others are high resolution views of the available battle types (Standard, Assault, Encounter)
Background is a zoomed out shot from the game
I have uninstalled the link to the new version. I suspect there is a corruption in one or more of the screens. I will be correcting all images and reloading new screens as soon as possible.
To manually install. Unzip the image files into the res_mods/0.x.x/gui/maps/icons/map/screen folder
Key Terrain and Avenues of Approach - now contains a minmap with the key terrain and avenues of approach highlighted. These are the ones most mused during battles, at least as experienced by me during my 18,000 battles.
Please see Screenshot Images for a graphic view.
Topo Maps added, thanks to Tomanuv for the nice naps.
- WHITE=Avenue of Approach: An air or ground route of an attacking force of a given size leading to its objective or to key terrain in its path.
- RED=Key Terrain: Some terrain feature (natural or manmade) which, if controlled, will give a marked advantage to whoever controls it. Often selected for use as battle positions or objectives
- GREEN=Typical artillery and sniper hides
Key or decisive terrain must be controlled, not necessarily occupied. It may be controlled by either fires or maneuver.
- a bridge over an unfordable river which gives access to the opposite shore without requiring an assault crossing.
- a level clearing in rough terrain which is the only accessible landing field for airmobile operations
- if you identify only one valid avenue of approach to the command's objective, then the choke points on that avenue will probably become key terrain
Information is based on my observance for over 20,000 battles and is typical, not complete, your experience may be different.
More information on this and Arasgrandpa's Mod Compilation can be found at Grandpa's Skins and Mods