Enhanced Driving XPerience (US) v2.0
2021 JAN 25 (1.39.3)
- Added "Hauling Hope" trailers in traffic.
This mod must be installed at a higher priority over other sound or AI mods. DO NOT USE IN PARALLEL WITH SNOW VERSION!
This mod makes the in-game driving experience a little more realistic.
Here is an outline of what has changed (NOTE: Points with a # symbol indicate something is not yet implemented):
- Cargo and trailer combinations reworked.
- Inspired by LAFAYET47's Ownable Cargo Market Rework mod. Consider mine the 'lite' version of his.
- Cargo not requiring a cold-temperature climate will no longer use refrigerated trailers.
- Some exposed cargo transported by Flatbed trailers can now be transported via Sliding Tarp trailers.
- The following vehicles are removed from traffic as they are not found in the United States.
- Ford S-Max
- Mercedes C-Class Estate
- All AI cars, trucks, and buses have realistic acceleration and top speed behavior.
- For every car, engine power and weights have been carefully researched. Each car will accelerate differently. The primary source of information is "automobile-catalog.com".
- Top speed for every car is based on either factory tire specifications, a set speed limiter by the manufacturer, or a theoretical calculation from "automobile-catalog.com".
- Top speed for all cars towing trailers in California is 55 MPH (plus 10% speeding allowance).
- Top speed for every semi-truck varies according to certain configurations and conditions.
- Top speed for all buses is 75 MPH.
- In traffic, there is more variety of trailers (empty and loaded).
- The following Combination Vehicles (CV) are added...
- Rocky Mountain Doubles.
- Traffic density has been reworked.
- Special thanks to cip for letting me use part of his Real Traffic Density mod!
- Traffic signals have longer and realistic timings.
- Green light interval is at least 20 seconds.
- Left-turn interval is 10 seconds.
- Amber (yellow) light interval is 4 seconds.
- Left-turn interval is 3 seconds.
- 2-second delay interval between signals.
# Car, truck, and train sounds are emitted based on engine specifications.
# Example: If you see a Tesla, you'll hear a hint of electricity powering it.
# Horn sounds for both cars and trucks have changed.
# Police sirens are replaced with more realistic-sounding ones (recorded from Whelen 295SL100 device).
# Bad Spring/Summer/Fall Weather
# Rainfall is slightly louder, noticeable during heavy precipitation.
# Feel Thor's power through your speakers with better thunder sounds!
# Bad Winter Weather
# When it is snowing, all you can hear is the sound of air (wind).
# Sounds have been added to various movers such as flags, commercial airliners, and even the F-22 Raptor. Some sounds such as the helicopter have been improved.
I hope you all have a better driving experience with this mod.