B73FLY's EDXP US [v1.6]
This is a little mod package that I made in order to make the driving experience AND the in-game experience a little more "realistic".
- Compatibility update for version 1.6
- Ford S-Max and Mercedes C-Class Estate no longer appear in traffic as they are not found in the United States.
- Added / Modified some sounds to movers
It contains several modifications to definitions and sounds. It is essentially the same mod package as published in Euro Truck Simulator 2, but specifically for American Truck Simulator.
Here is an outline of what has changed:
- All AI cars, trucks, and buses have realistic engine torque and top speed.
- For every car, engine torque has been carefully researched. Each car will accelerate differently.
- Top speed for every car varies according to their tire specifications based on research from the Tire Rack website.
- Top speed for "aerodynamic" trucks is 65 MPH.
- Top speed for "traditional" trucks is 75 MPH.
- Top speed for all buses is 70 MPH.
- Top speed for trams in San Francisco is 9 MPH.
- In traffic, there are more variety of trailers (empty and loaded).
- Traffic signals have longer and realistic timings.
- Green light interval is 20 seconds.
- Left-turn interval is 10 seconds.
- Amber (yellow) light interval is 4 seconds.
- Left-turn interval is 3 seconds.
- 2-second delay interval between signals.
- Car, truck, and train sounds are emitted based on brand and engine specifications.
- Example: If you see a Tesla, you'll hear a hint of electricity powering it.
- Buses utilize a specific diesel sound.
- Tire noises have been added to all AI vehicles.
- Horn sounds for both cars and trucks have changed...even though 95% of the time the AI doesn't sound the horn, unless you intentionally stop your truck in the middle of the road.
- Bad Spring/Summer/Fall Weather
- Rainfall is slightly louder, noticeable during heavy precipitation.
- Feel Thor's power through your speakers with better thunder sounds!
- Bad Winter Weather
- When it is snowing, all you can hear is the sound of air (wind).
- The default reverse alarm has been adjusted to a much lower pitch and longer tempo: tone emits for 0.5 seconds instead of the original 0.375 seconds.