Sound Fixes Pack v17.10 for ATS
– Pack provides improvements to common sounds in the game, making them feel more immersive and real.
– The goal of the mod is to make the game’s sounds feel like real life!
Requires higher priority in Mod Manager than:
– any map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.)
– any AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)
– any AI traffic density/behavior mods (e.g. Piva’s traffic density mod)!
After huge popular demand, Sound Fixes Pack is now available on Steam Workshop for American Truck Simulator!
There are plans for a lot more content pushed regularly on ATS in 2017 since it’s time the ATS pack gets its fair share of sounds, so now is a great time to subscribe.
Thank you to everyone who have supported this mod this year. As always, feel free to leave feedback on what sounds you want to hear and what can be improved on.
I’m always open to suggestions!
ATS Steam Workshop link for Sound Fixes Pack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=830663438
— Sound changes —
Added variety of real engine sounds for DLC France tractors in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Added real engine and horn sounds for Renault Magnum (stock sound and open pipe sound). [ETS2 edition]
Applied real engine sounds for Renault Magnum for new Renault Magnum trucks in Jazzycat’s BDF Truck Traffic Pack v1.5. [ETS2 edition]
Applied real engine sounds for new MAN TGX trucks in Jazzycat’s Truck Traffic Pack v2.4. [ETS2 edition]
Some finetuning of AI traffic sounds.
Added variety of real engine sounds for DLC France harvesters in AI traffic for ETS2 and for harvesters in ATS.
Added sound for new EMD SD40 locomotive. [ATS edition]
Added real air horn sound for default Peterbilt 579’s in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
— Options for Sound Fixes Pack —
Added American parking brake sound addon for those wanting to have authentic parking brake sounds
when using American truck mods in ETS2.
— Compatibility changes —
Dropped support for ETS2 1.25 and ATS 1.4. Compatible with ETS2 1.26 and ATS 1.5.
## 1. Tire / Tyre sounds
* Real interior + exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab depending on how fast you are accelerating and what speed you are in, giving a feel for your sense of speed.
* Heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
## 2. Suspension sounds
* Light and medium impacts to suspension can trigger cabin squeaking and movement sounds of the cabin.
* Hard impacts can trigger key swinging sounds in interior view.
## 3. Gameplay / UI sounds
* “Late music” replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume of this sound depends on Music volume in the in-game Audio settings).
* “Bing bong” chime for train and ferry loading screen sounds.
* Reduced volume of garage door sound, adviser message sound and yawning sound.
* New quiet photo camera sound effect for screenshots.
## 4. Fuel / Gas station sounds
* Retro/historic ding sound for while the fuel is pumping (circa 1960s to 1970s). The number of dings can help give you an idea on how much you refueled…
* Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click and key insertion sound effects for after refueling to a full tank.
## 5. Interior sounds
* Real stick/switch/button sounds for: parking brake, hazard light, wiper stick, light switch and blinker / indicator / turn signal.
* Retarder sound changed to real retarder sound.
* Real rumblestrip sound.
* Lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive on to the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations).
* Lift axle sound now includes button press sound effect.
* Pattering of rain on windshield audible in the cabin during heavy rain.
* At high speeds, wind will sound slightly faster.
* Mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have damaged the transmission and/or gearbox.
## 6. Trailer sounds
* Real sound effects for trailer coupling + uncoupling.
* Included air brake hose deattachment sound when uncoupling.
## 7. AI Traffic sounds
* More refined generic AI traffic car sounds. Less buzz noise and more tire sounds and quiet engine sounds.
* AI traffic vehicles given new horn sounds. Depending on the patience of the driver, a short or long honk may be used.
* AI traffic trucks/buses given more variations of sounds (turbo, engines, gear changes).
* Variety of engine sounds for several vehicles (e.g. motorbike sounds for motorbikes) in various AI Traffic mods and in stock trucks from the original game.
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane.
## 8. Mover sounds
* Louder volume and reworked audio for a vast amount of moving objects including biplanes, trains (included train horns) etc.
* Enabled sound for a vast amount of movers that don’t originally come with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighters, ocean waves, tugboats, hot air balloons, you name it!).
## 9. Location based ambience
* Prefab (i.e. company and delivery point) soundscape enhanced for American Truck Simulator (includes both daytime and nighttime ambience).
* Tunnel sounds for some large tunnels. [ETS2 edition]
* Suitable volumes and sounds of environmental ambience for various map mods.
* Some suitable sounds included for various companies and delivery points.
* ETS2 1.26.3 and ATS 1.5.2. No errors in game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Compatible with all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.7 (provides realistic thunder + exterior rain sounds). Both mods can be enabled at the same time. Check the load order image included for more details.
* If using any of Grimes’ seasonal mods, place the seasonal mod with higher priority than the Sound Fixes Pack for a more accurate seasonal experience.
* If using winter mods, please enable Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from Options folder of Sound Fixes Pack for winter sounds.
* Traffic behavior mods (in lower priority in Mod Manager) can enable realistic sound ranges plugin from Sound Fixes Pack by inserting this line into def/traffic_data.sii: @include “traffic_data_update.sui”
SET TIRE AND WIND VOLUME
Wind or tire noise too loud? No problem. You can configure its volume using these developer commands. Syntax is as follows:
s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
* SCS Software for base sounds
* Drive Safely for pitch, reverberation and sound edits, some sound samples, and for compiling mod
* antonvezdehod, Ludmilla and Katixa/Irreo for some tire sounds
* Balamut for some key swing and light suspension sounds
* AlexeyP for some trailer coupling and fuel pump sounds
* nIGhT-SoN for raindrop definitions